Saturday, July 12, 2008

Life changing experience


Today's the 6th day since I came back from Laos. However I can never get myself to stop talking about Laos. The whole trip actually changed my perspective of life. Before this trip, I felt as if I cannot breathe and life felt heavy. Every step I took felt so heavy. There were so many things happening to me before this and the trip to Laos sort of gave me a breather for once in a very long time!

When I first arrived Laos, I was telling Joanna that I dont really see myself living in that country seeing how laid back and quiet it is but after 10 days mingling with the people and the culture, I just didnt want to come back. And at that very minute I knew that the trip has done a lot in influencing how I am going to lead my life.

Now my life has taken a different direction. With all my problems before solved, with all the burden that I used to carry off my shoulder I am now a free person and I learned that in life, always be contented and thankful with what you have and always be true and honest to yourself. I learned that it is important to know what you exactly want in life as if you are unsure it may just lead to trouble.

My aim for the next half of 2008 is to lead the least stressful life as I can. The trip to Laos has taught me not to rush into things and be happy with whatever that I have. It would not be easy as it is a whole different scenario here. With EOS 3 on the way, I hope that I can deal it in a way which Laos has taught me.

I also met new friends and realised that I can get to know friends whom I didn't even imagine being so close to before the trip. Seeing how sincere everbody have been in trying to get to know each other was overwhelming! They taught me how to be friends with my heart.

After all said, I didnt expect that this trip would actually leave such a deep impact in me. It is very unexpected and I am thankful to the Lord who somehow guided me here. I would definately go back to Laos one day. It was such a life changing experience!!

1 comment:

Jimmy Ng said...

So before this were you making friends without your heart? Hahhaa...Glad that Laos did such amazing things to all of us who went!